Learn to live stream
Do you or your team need to live stream. In this course I will make this as easy to understand as possible and get good results for your live stream or hybrid event. I have been doing live streaming for over 20 years and have done this for many institutions and businesses including the Houses of Parliament, Ofgem, Mile End Institute, London Jazz Festival and more including for personal celebrations such as weddings.
Training is available as schedule course, in-house on your premises or online using Zoom. To book click on this link.
This is a hands on course. You will create and do a short live stream on platforms to be decided by the class.
The training can be customised to suit your needs.
Course duration: 2 days
In-house (at client site): £1,800 + VAT plus travel and accommodation, if required.
Bespoke: Contact for pricing.
- Planning your live stream and hybrid event
- Preparing for the live stream
- Holding slides, rolling slides and pre-recorded content
- On the day - what happens and things to consider when running the event.
- Choosing the best platform for your audience
- Zoom vs MS Teams
- Wireless vs wired internet connections
- Checking the speed
- Single or multiple cameras
- Hybrid options and how to include remote speakers
- Live streaming software - Wirecast, OBS and V-Mix
- Streaming to YouTube, Facebook, Hopin, Vimeo, Crowdcast and more
- RTMP settings
- Streaming to Zoom, Teams and Skype
- Using StreamYard and restream.io for streaming to multiple destinations
- Conference platforms - Hopin
- How to set the software up
- How to connect cameras to your computer
- Connecting audio - including connecting to in-house AV systems
- Sound mixing
- Connecting laptops and other devices for broadcasting the on-screen presentation such as PowerPoint
- Switching cameras and on-screen presentations
- Video switchers
- Layouts - split screen, picture-in-picture, customising your layout
- Adding lower-thirds for names of presenters and information
- Pre-recorded playlists
- On-screen graphics
- Countdown clocks
- Ticker feeds
- Recording the stream
- Monitoring the stream